Hi guys, the antimalware application installed in my PC has detected Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K virus earlier this morning. However, i am unable to remove this nasty threat from my PC. Guys, please suggest me the right way to get rid of this critical malware infection completely from my PC.
Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K is a very nasty and creepy computer malware that is capable to affect almost all versions of Windows computer such as Vista, XP, Win 7, Win 8 and so on. This infectious malware is design to steal user’s confidential information so that they could use it for vicious purposes and earn illicit money. Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K has the ability to change all PC’s settings including registry settings, DNS configurations, web browser settings, homepage settings, system settings and many more and at last, it makes infected computer completely non-responsive. Moreover, Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K floods compromised system screen with various amount of unwanted messages, fake alerts, warnings, pop-up ads etc. to make it perform very slowly.
Whats more dangerous, Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K modifies default browser and replaces it with susceptible domain, due to which at every net surfing, you will get redirected to unknown sites that you are not familiar with. You will be completely blocked to visit any of your desired websites or add any new application program on your PC. No doubt, you will loose all your important data as well as access from your computer. It will make your system completely useless if not removed soon. Therefore, it is strictly recommended to get rid of Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K Trojan virus as soon as it detected in your Windows computer system.
Harmful Effects of Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K Virus
Once installed on your computer, Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K virus can leads to major damages. It can brutally mess up with your system and destroy your entire computer. Some of the most common and visible effects of this nasty virus are :-
- Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K virus can silently intrude your computer without permission.
- It can destroy your system programs, files, software etc.
- It will disable your anti-virus and firewall security programs.
- Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K virus can also bring similar threats, spyware, malware on your computer.
- Block important features like Control Panel, Registry editor, Task manager and many more.
- Create new registry keys to get started automatically on your system.
- Steal your personal and financial information and send to hackers.
- Create backdoor on your PC to allow hackers to remotely access your PC.
How To Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From PC
In order to remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Control Panel
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K related program and click on Remove button.
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K related malicious program.
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Infected Browser
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent Win64/Riskware.Meterpreter.K In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.