I am detecting something strange in my Window system. When I try to open any file or document, an alert from GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware appears on the screen which says that my personal files are encrypted. Firstly, I was unable to understand why I am getting such notifications. Then I searched about it on the web where I came to know that it is the impact of ransomware. I don’t have much idea about its removal process. Will you please guide me to remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware completely from my system?
GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware is regarded as a an exteramly harmful file ecnrypting ransomware virus which is created by the cyber crooks with illegal aim. Well. It mostly targeted the PC with Windows OS installed in it. The most surprising thing about this critical threat is that can find its own way to your PC and is also capable to install itself automatically in your program files. GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware can use strong algorithm to encrypt the all the stored files, documents, images, videos and changes their extension. At the time of accessing the encrypted files, you will receive error messages which will ask you to purchase the decryption key. GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware also says that it does not provide free support so you need to pay the amount of a huge amount of money as ransom.
GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware also tries to frighten the users by saying that if you make delay in payment then it is possible that decryption key will be erased permanently from the server and you will loose all the chance to get back your important files. Do not trust these alerts because it is a trick used by the hackers to trap the users in their scam. The worst part is that even after making the payment, you will not be able to decrypt your files. Moreover, GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware even causes several other problems into the compromised computer system such as very slow system response, hard drive failure, application malfunctioning and many more. Therefore, you are suggested to remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware instead of making the payment.
How To Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From PC
In order to remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Control Panel
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware related program and click on Remove button.
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware related malicious program.
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware
Part 5 – Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Infected Browser
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent GandCrab v5.0.4 Ransomware In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.