“Windows is not activated” Pop-up is a nasty computer malware categorized as scam pop-up. This harmful PC malware is created by cyber crooks to make illegal profit by cheating innocent users. This dubious threat is named as scam pop-up because it show fake security alerts on infected system with a motive to cheat money from the user. It is able to attack any Windows computer very easily. This deceptive threat will silently enter your PC without your permission and assail your main browser. “Windows is not activated” Pop-up virus is able hijack all famous and most used browsers. It can show those bogus security alerts and warning message on Google Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox, IE, Opera and others. It will ask that your computer is infected by harmful viruses. It will automatically show pop-up and freeze your browser. “Windows is not activated” Pop-up virus will also play audio warning message in background and ask you to remove those viruses immediately. It will force you to call on its tech support number to get help.
“Windows is not activated” Pop-up virus can attack your computer through various tricks. It can easily alter your PC through bundled free third party programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware and other method. This perilous threat can also infect your machine when you visit porn or torrent websites and click on misleading ads. Once inside your computer, it can also inject its malign codes to the registry editor. Those registry logs help this threat in automatic startup. “Windows is not activated” Pop-up virus is aimed to cheat your money. It will keep showing those fake warning alerts and force you to call on its number. Its agents are waiting there to cheat your money. This perilous threat can also inject harmful threats on your PC, and steal your personal information. It is advised to remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up virus soon from your computer.
How To Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From PC
In order to remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to “Windows is not activated” Pop-up. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill “Windows is not activated” Pop-up Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Control Panel
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find “Windows is not activated” Pop-up related program and click on Remove button.
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find “Windows is not activated” Pop-up related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any “Windows is not activated” Pop-up related malicious program.
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any “Windows is not activated” Pop-up related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by “Windows is not activated” Pop-up infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\”Windows is not activated” Pop-up
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\”Windows is not activated” Pop-up
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\”Windows is not activated” Pop-up
Part 5 – Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Infected Browser
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find “Windows is not activated” Pop-up related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select “Windows is not activated” Pop-up related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove “Windows is not activated” Pop-up From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent “Windows is not activated” Pop-up In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.