What Is .tanos File Virus
.tanos File Virus is that kind of malicious program which encrypts almost all important files on the attacked system and lock with its own extension. After completing the encryption, this Ransomware places a text file containing the ransom instructions in another nice way. If your PC is infected by this nasty .tanos File Virus threat then follow the blow guide to remove this infection completely.
Working Of .tanos File Virus
.tanos File Virus is installed through email in the form of malicious attachments disguised as some important source. However opening such attachments could drop the executable codes of the ransomware and it automatically installs on the PC. Once it got installed on the system, it scans the files and search for the files like text, audio, video, pdf and so on. .tanos File Virus is initially designed to infiltrate operating systems, encrypt the files and demand to pay a ransom to get them back. The virus is named as the file name with the file extension to the encrypted files. The change of the regular file extensions from simply file name to file name of this virus, suggesting a ransomware attack. Even though the users usually notice these changes when it is already too late to fight back.Well it’s quite an interesting point to notice that whenever .tanos File Virus reaches the attacked computer or PC and carry out all the unauthorized tasks, it drops a very brief ransom note indicating a contact email. The amount of ransom may also vary depending on the type of files, their extent, and their importance.
Some of the given points related to the .tanos File Virus are as follows:
- Getting infected by this malware is just not a pleasant experience as its removal is long and complicated.
- The major part of your files may be lost forever, and your system may even require a full reinstall.
- Always keep backup of your important data as no anti-malware guarantee a 100% protection.
- Never pay any kind of ransom to any illegitimate person because even after paying they are not going to give your data back.
- Whenever you install any program firstly scan it properly, if it is not from any trusted source.
Before you start any removal process, it is highly recommended that you must keep backup of your data to prevent your important files and documents from getting lost. Do not try eliminating the virus yourself. You should use professional anti-virus utilities to eliminate the virus. You can also keep trying regularly for a reliable decryptor which could help you remove .tanos File Virus and decrypt files without consequences. Nevertheless paying ransom is the inadvisable thing.
How To Remove .tanos File Virus From PC
In order to remove .tanos File Virus and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to .tanos File Virus. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Special Bonus – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill .tanos File Virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove .tanos File Virus From Control Panel
Remove .tanos File Virus From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find .tanos File Virus related program and click on Remove button.
Remove .tanos File Virus From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find .tanos File Virus related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove .tanos File Virus From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove .tanos File Virus From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any .tanos File Virus related malicious program.
Remove .tanos File Virus From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any .tanos File Virus related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove .tanos File Virus From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by .tanos File Virus infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.tanos File Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\.tanos File Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.tanos File Virus
Part 5 – Remove .tanos File Virus From Infected Browser
Remove .tanos File Virus From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove .tanos File Virus related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove .tanos File Virus From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find .tanos File Virus related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove .tanos File Virus From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select .tanos File Virus related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove .tanos File Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove .tanos File Virus From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent .tanos File Virus In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.