Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware
ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware is another very harassing and harmful file encrypting malware. It is a malicious creation of hackers that often spread through spam email attachments. Once getting inside the targeted computer, it become vigilant and start a full force attack. It uses a very advance encryption algorithm to encode all your files. It will also modify the file names by adding its own extension as signature. It will make your files completely inaccessible and then leave ransom note on your PC. In that note, ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware declared that your files are encrypted. Then it will demand huge money to provide you the decryption key but also give you ultimatum for the payment or promises to delete your files. It is completely wrong but you can’t do anything because there is no way to find out the culprit.
ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware is really notorious and you regular anti-virus won’t do any good against it. This perilous threat has already severed all your security related programs. What is even more worse, it also modify the registry entries and DNS setting on your system. It may easily cut off all your legitimate attempts to remove this infection. You must be smart to get rid of this nasty malware because if you don’t will soon make your system completely useless. This nasty ransomware can encrypt all types of files including videos, audios, images, doc, xls, ppt, pst, html, xml and every thing else. ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware will show error whenever you will try to access any of the locked files.
If you are thinking of paying ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware to get the decryption key, then it is the worst idea. After getting the money there is not surety that it will decrypt all your files. And if the decryption key works then still this virus is in your system and it can monitor your activities. That so called decryption key may also bring more threats and viruses on your system that can leads to other problems. So it is better to delete ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware from your system to avoid any further problems. As of the matter of your files, you can recover them through data recovery software or any certified decryptor launched by any reputed company.
As you know ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware can infected your PC through spam emails, bundled freeware or shareware programs, porn sites, torrent files, cracked software, malicious websites and fake updates. You should avoid such kind of incidents to keep your system safe. You should also keep the backup of all your important files on any external hard drive or cloud drive. Apart from this, you must have a powerful malware removal tool that can delete such harmful threats easily from your system. If you follow these tips you can protect your computer from any upcoming threats. But first you need to follow this guide to remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware completely from your system.
How To Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From PC
In order to remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Special Bonus – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Control Panel
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware related program and click on Remove button.
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware related malicious program.
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Infected Browser
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent ShkolotaCrypt Ransomware In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.