What Is search.wizconvert.com
search.wizconvert.com is a fake search engine that silently sneak into the targeted computer. It is a perilous threat that can alter the all versions of Windows OS without permission. It pretends to be a genuine search provider like Google, Bing, Yahoo and MSN. Once installed on your computer, it will infect your main browser and modify its settings. search.wizconvert.com virus is able to assail all famous browsers like Google Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and others. It will hijack your browser and change its default homepage and search engine. When you will open your browser to surf the Internet, search.wizconvert.com will appear as main page. It will show lots of sponsored search results and annoying ads on your computer screen.
How search.wizconvert.com Enter Your PC
search.wizconvert.com is a cunning malware infection. It can use various methods to alter your system security. Its creators use deceptive tricks to deploy this threat into the targeted computer. It can get downloaded your system bundled with free third party programs that you download from unreliable websites. It can also come attached on PC with cracked software and programs. It may get on your machine through spam or junk email attachments. You can get this virus while browsing to malicious or pron websites. It can also get spread through peer to peer file sharing and drive by downloads.
Harmful Effects of search.wizconvert.com
- It can infect your computer and hijack your browser.
- It can change the homepage and search engine of your browser.
- Show lots of unwanted and misleading ads on your computer screen.
- Redirect your browser on malicious websites regularly.
- It will completely degrade your web browsing experience.
- It can block your anti-virus and firewall security.
- It can bring several threat and malware on your system.
- It can steal your personal and sensitive information.
- It can share you details with hackers and risk your identity.
How To Remove search.wizconvert.com From PC
In order to remove search.wizconvert.com and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to search.wizconvert.com. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill search.wizconvert.com Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove search.wizconvert.com From Control Panel
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find search.wizconvert.com related program and click on Remove button.
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find search.wizconvert.com related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any search.wizconvert.com related malicious program.
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any search.wizconvert.com related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove search.wizconvert.com From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by search.wizconvert.com infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove search.wizconvert.com From Infected Browser
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove search.wizconvert.com related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find search.wizconvert.com related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select search.wizconvert.com related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove search.wizconvert.com From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent search.wizconvert.com In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.