.recovery file virus is classified as ransomware which is recently created by the cyber crooks. It is extremely powerful and is fully capable to violate the system securities without the users consent. Once .recovery file virus gets installed in the PC, your all the important files will become encrypted and generate fake alerts when you try to access them. It will use the name of police departments and tries to scare the users. It will ask you to buy the decryption key in order to unlock the files. This threat also says that if you do not pay the fine within the given time period then it will be deleted and you may loose all the chances to get back your important data. So, if you find any of the symptoms of .recovery file virus then remove it quickly.
In the presence of .recovery file virus, you will not be able to work normally on the PC and lots of fake alerts will constantly appear on the screen. Do not trust any of its messages because it only works as the agent of cyber criminals and aims to gain the sensitive details of the users. Whats worse, it is designed in such a way which can secretly monitor your online payments and steal the sensitive data which you type during the transactions. Its long time presence can make you suffer from identity theft situations. Thus, it is strictly advised to remove .recovery file virus immediately if you don’t want to face further hazards.
Well, .recovery file virus is an extremely harmful threat which has nothing to do with your data. It has been seen in past that it even deletes users data after receiving the entire ransom money from users. Moreover, apart from encrypting data it also causes several other devastating issues on compromised PC. It makes your system very slow and even opens backdoor that help several other threats and viruses to sneak in your computer easily. Well, users should know that it is possible to decrypt all your locked files without paying any ransom money. However, in order to do so you will have to remove .recovery file virus completely from your PC before it deletes all your data.
How To Remove .recovery file virus From PC
In order to remove .recovery file virus and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to .recovery file virus. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill .recovery file virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove .recovery file virus From Control Panel
Remove .recovery file virus From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find .recovery file virus related program and click on Remove button.
Remove .recovery file virus From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find .recovery file virus related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove .recovery file virus From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove .recovery file virus From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any .recovery file virus related malicious program.
Remove .recovery file virus From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any .recovery file virus related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove .recovery file virus From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by .recovery file virus infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.recovery file virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\.recovery file virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.recovery file virus
Part 5 – Remove .recovery file virus From Infected Browser
Remove .recovery file virus From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove .recovery file virus related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove .recovery file virus From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find .recovery file virus related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove .recovery file virus From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select .recovery file virus related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove .recovery file virus From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove .recovery file virus From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent .recovery file virus In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.