Hi guys my Windows PC somehow gets infected by PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase virus. It is causing several critical issues in my system. I want to remove this critical threat completely but don’t know how to do it. Guys, please help me to get rid of this critical malware infection from my PC. Any suggestion or help will be highly appreciated.
PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase is a nasty infection which comes under the category of Trojans. It is known as the disastrous element for the computer system whose long time existence will leads the PC to extremely critical conditions. PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase spread via computer networks and find its own ways to infiltrates into the targeted computer system such as software bundling, email scooping, clicking unknown links, visiting known sites, and many more. It makes the victimized PC permanently compromised. It carries ability to create its several copies which is difficult to detect and delete with pre-installed antivirus program also. PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase makes several changes in your system settings and infect every single file found of your hard drive. Due to this notorious Trojan virus users are likely to experience several critical problems while trying to perform any kind of task on the infected computer system. Even more, you will notice unwanted codes and payloads in the registry entries which is created by PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase Trojan virus. Hence, try to delete it quickly.
In the initial stage, PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase runs several malicious task in your system background. Whats worse, in order to hide itself for a long time in your system it weakens your system security by disabling your anti-malware application. Moreover, it also turn of Firewall setting and make your system an easy victim for several other threat and viruses. It even disable the users to install any new application on infected computer. Long time existence of PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase virus is harmful for your personal privacy also because it carries ability to collect and share your important data with hackers such as banking details, login credentials, online money transaction report, IP address, browsing history and many more. So, if you notice any of the aforesaid symptoms then you should immediately get rid of PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase Trojan virus completely from your system before it makes your system completely useless.
How PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase Virus Enters Your System
- PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase can sneak in your system bundled with free program.
- It infiltrates in your PC when you share files via p2p network.
- While opening spam email attachments without scanning.
- Due to visiting porn site or clicking malicious links.
- PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase infect your system using social engineering.
How To Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From PC
In order to remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Control Panel
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase related program and click on Remove button.
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase related malicious program.
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Infected Browser
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent PUP.Optional.OOSafeErase In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.