PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru is nasty and irritating computer infection that can get turned into a harmful threat. This perilous infection is described as an adware program that show unwanted and misleading advertisements on your computer. It will silently intrude your PC and get added to your main browser. It will start throwing lots of irritating pop-ups, banners, offers, deals and similar advertisements when you go online specially while visiting online shopping websites. Those nasty PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru can redirect your browser on unsafe and low quality fraud websites where you can get cheated. Many users just ignore those type of ads but it can harmful. Those misleading adverts can redirect you on malicious websites where your system can get infected by more viruses. PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru virus can also disable your anti-virus program to avoid its detection and removal. It will bombard your desktop with lots of ads and downgrade your browsing experience.
PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru mostly intrude your computer bundled with free third party programs, suspicious links, spam emails, porn or torrent websites, cracked software, peer to peer file sharing and other methods. Once installed on your computer, PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru can easily bring other nasty and harmful programs on your system. It can attack all versions of Windows computer very easily. It can show ads on all famous browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Opera, IE and many others. PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru will also inject its malign codes to the registry editor. It can get started on your system automatically due to those nasty codes. It can also steal your personal details along with your financial information and send to hackers. Your details can get used for illegal online activities and cyber crimes. You are advised to remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru virus soon from your computer.
How To Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From PC
In order to remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Control Panel
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru related program and click on Remove button.
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru related malicious program.
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Infected Browser
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent PUP.Optional.Mail.Ru In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.