KesLan Ransomware Removal Guide
KesLan Ransomware is a malicious file encrypting malware. It is a harassing computer infection that can do major damage. It has already infected many computers world wide. KesLan Ransomware is a rapidly spreading malware that can infect all versions of Windows PC. This deceptive threat silently intrude your machine through deceptive tricks and encrypt all your files. This pernicious KesLan Ransomware virus is created hackers to hijack your files and extort ransom money. It can lock down all types of data like videos, images, music, documents, pdf, html, text and many more. It will make your files password protected by adding its own extension to the end of your files. KesLan Ransomware virus will demand huge ransom money via BitCoin to unlock files. It also threat users to delete their data if they don’t pay money before given time.
How KesLan Ransomware Enter Your PC
KesLan Ransomware is a notorious piece of malware that silently sneak into your machine. It mostly gets carried through bundled free third party programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware and other tricks. Once installed on your system, it will also block your anti-virus and firewall security to carry on its malignant activities. KesLan Ransomware can also alter your computer when you visit porn websites, download fake software updates, share files on unsafe network or use any contaminated USB stick. It is one of the worst computer infection you ever want to have on your computer.
Files Infected By KesLan Ransomware
KesLan Ransomware can infect all types of data stored on your computer. it covers a vast range of file types and extensions. Some of the most common files types infected by this nasty virus are :
.1c, .3fr, .accdb, .ai, .arw, .bac, .bay, .bmp, .cdr, .cer, .cfg, .config, .cr2, .crt, .crw, .css, .csv, .db, .dbf, .dcr, .der, .dng, .doc, .docm, .docx, .dwg, .dxf, .dxg, .eps, .erf, .gif, .htm, .html, .indd, .iso, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .kdc, .lnk, .mdb, .mdf, .mef, .mk, .mp3, .mp4, .mrw, .nef, .nrw, .odb, .ode, .odm, .odp, .ods, .odt, .orf, .p12, .p7b, .p7c, .pdd, .pdf, .pef, .pem, .pfx, .php, .png, .ppt, .pptm, .pptx, .psd, .pst, .ptx, .r3d, .rar, .raw, .rtf, .rw2, .rwl, .sql, .sr2, .srf, .srw, .tif, .wb2, .wma, .wpd, .wps, .x3f, .xlk, .xls, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .zip
Why KesLan Ransomware Harmful
Its not a worthy question to ask if you have faced this nasty malware on your computer. KesLan Ransomware is such a deadly malware that everybody wants to avoid. Once installed on your computer, it will cease the access to all your files and demand ransom money. It will change the extension of files due to which you will get error message when you try to open any of your documents. It will also leave ransom note on your computer to explain methods for paying ransom money. It is also not sure that you will get back your files after paying the money. So it is recommended to delete KesLan Ransomware soon from your computer.
How To Remove KesLan Ransomware From PC
In order to remove KesLan Ransomware and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to KesLan Ransomware. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Special Bonus – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill KesLan Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove KesLan Ransomware From Control Panel
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find KesLan Ransomware related program and click on Remove button.
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find KesLan Ransomware related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any KesLan Ransomware related malicious program.
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any KesLan Ransomware related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove KesLan Ransomware From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by KesLan Ransomware infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove KesLan Ransomware From Infected Browser
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove KesLan Ransomware related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find KesLan Ransomware related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select KesLan Ransomware related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove KesLan Ransomware From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent KesLan Ransomware In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.