What Is Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1
Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 is a hazardous Trojan virus and it has the capability to mess up with your entire Windows PC. It puts your online privacy at great risk and causes severe critical issues. The Trojan infection make reach to your computer by various deploying various mischievous means or it even gets opportunity to infiltrate into your computer through existing vulnerabilities or brought by any other malware program. If you have outdated software applications or security software then it can easily cheat by fake update notification or security scanner web pages. Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 virus offers you to free update or run a scan on your computer and accepting the installs the Trojan program.
How Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 Infiltrate Your PC
Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 comes bundled with freeware software, distributed with Spam emails as an attachment, etc. Visiting of malicious websites, clicking on unknown links, using infected external media and sharing files on insecure peer to peer network may also cause of getting this Trojan horse infection on your computer. Moreover, invasion of this extremely dangerous Trojan infection can lead in various severe losses. The Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 completely block security services and updates, change registry entries, and corrupt system files. The program also encrypt stored files and block several Windows default utilities like Task manager, Folder Option, registry editor and many other third party software application.
Why Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 Is Dangerous
This nasty Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 virus forcefully replaces default home page or search engine and hijack web browser to successfully archive its goals to spy on your browsing history, search behavior, current browsing session, hardware and software configuration, geographical location, etc. The program install various other malware like key loggers, ransomware, browser hijacker, adware and even viruses also. Due to this Trojan virus your system can easily get crash which bring severe data loss or you may also lose the privacy of your debit/credit card, email ID, user name, password, etc. Therefor you should remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 instantly from your computer without any further delay.
How To Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From PC
In order to remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Control Panel
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 related program and click on Remove button.
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 related malicious program.
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Infected Browser
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent Hacktool.Rotpotato!g1 In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.