What Is .Guarded File Virus?
.Guarded File Virus is identified as nasty file encrypting virus and belong to ransomware family. Well, looking at the instances of ransomware attacks, this notorious file locking malware infection is externally dangerous for your Windows PC. Usually, it sneaks into the targeted computer system by stealth and bypass all kinds of security measures in your system such as Firewall, common anti-malware applications installed in your PC and so on. Prgrammed by the professional cyber crooks the only motive of .Guarded File Virus is to extort huge amount of money by blackmailing the victim.
Why .Guarded File Virus Is Dangerous?
Talking about .Guarded File Virus we must warn the users that this particular ransomware virus is truly to deadly computer threat which can proves to be the worst nightmare for any Windows OS users. It attacks both enterprises as well as individuals. It utilizes very advanced cryptographic mechanism in order to earn profit. Actually, once installed in your system program files then .Guarded File Virus quickly drops highly malicious codes in your entire system and infects every singe data stored on your hard drive.
To be more specific, .Guarded File Virus will quickly encrypt all your vital data and makes them completely inaccessible for users. Furthermore, it send ransom note on users system screen containing some horrifying details. It threaten the users that your system is locked and you won’t be able to access your crucial files as long as you don’t pay the ransom money. This nasty .Guarded File Virus will give you a deadline for paying ransom. Meanwhile, the ransom note contains the details of payment. In order to make sure users pay the money it intimidate the users if you don’t pay ransom in given time then all your files will get deleted automatically and your system will remain locked forever.
However, if you are thinking about paying the ransom then beware as it has been seen in many cases that ransomware viruses delete users data even after paying money. Whats more, .Guarded File Virus will also cause several critical issues on your system and can download number of other nasty infections in your computer. In such situation it will be quite sensible for the users to try and remove this notorious threat completely from the infected computer system as soon as possible.
How To Remove .Guarded File Virus From PC
In order to remove .Guarded File Virus and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to .Guarded File Virus. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Special Bonus – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill .Guarded File Virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove .Guarded File Virus From Control Panel
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find .Guarded File Virus related program and click on Remove button.
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find .Guarded File Virus related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any .Guarded File Virus related malicious program.
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any .Guarded File Virus related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove .Guarded File Virus From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by .Guarded File Virus infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.Guarded File Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\.Guarded File Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.Guarded File Virus
Part 5 – Remove .Guarded File Virus From Infected Browser
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove .Guarded File Virus related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find .Guarded File Virus related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select .Guarded File Virus related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove .Guarded File Virus From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent .Guarded File Virus In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.