.FILE Virus is a kind of deadly PC threat which is causing lots of trouble for several Windows PC users nowadays. Well, due to it highly malicious behavior security expert consider this particular file encrypting virus as the most notorious infection which can make your system completely useless. As like any other PC virus, this critical ransomware infection is also been programmed and distributed by the evil cyber criminals. .FILE Virus usually travels via Internet and silently get dropped inside your computer system by deploying several deceptive methods such as spam emails, social engineering, software bundling, using infected media drives and many more.
Well, .FILE Virus is mostly known for its file encrypting mechanism which means it encrypt all kinds of data stored into the compromised PC. Moreover, it simply locks your entire system and threaten the users to pay the ransom money in exchange of your crucial data. It shows a terrific ransom note which contains details indicating that your system is been locked and hence you need to pay in order to get the decryption key for your PC. Well, .FILE Virus also warn the users that if you don’t pay the ransom or try to delete this threat from your system then all your important data will be deleted permanently. However, users should not believe .FILE Viruse infection as even when you pay the ransom money it won’t decrypt all your data completely.
Furthermore, .FILE Virus will also causes several other issues in your system. It alters your crucial system settings and makes your PC vulnerable for severe damage. It is such a notorious malware infection which brings fatal destruction in your computer. it is also possible that your financial details can get hacked when you pay ransom money to hackers. The only possible way to avoid severe consequences caused by this hazardous infection is to remove this threat completely. You can recover your encrypted files by using any data recovery software. Therefore, it is recommended to get rid of .FILE Virus as soon as it detected on your PC.
How To Remove .FILE Virus From PC
In order to remove .FILE Virus and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to .FILE Virus. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Special Bonus – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill .FILE Virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove .FILE Virus From Control Panel
Remove .FILE Virus From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find .FILE Virus related program and click on Remove button.
Remove .FILE Virus From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find .FILE Virus related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove .FILE Virus From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove .FILE Virus From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any .FILE Virus related malicious program.
Remove .FILE Virus From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any .FILE Virus related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove .FILE Virus From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by .FILE Virus infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove .FILE Virus From Infected Browser
Remove .FILE Virus From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove .FILE Virus related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove .FILE Virus From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find .FILE Virus related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove .FILE Virus From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select .FILE Virus related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove .FILE Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove .FILE Virus From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent .FILE Virus In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.