Got CL.Downloader!gen147 virus on my computer. I was playing an online games on my system yesterday. Everything was going right but suddenly my PC got slow and my anti-virus reported that CL.Downloader!gen147 virus found on your computer. I have tried to remove that virus but my anti-virus was unable to delete it completely. I have restarted my PC several times but CL.Downloader!gen147 has completely messed up with my machine. I am not able to perform any task on my machine please help.
What Is CL.Downloader!gen147?
CL.Downloader!gen147 is a nasty Trojan virus. It is a recently found malware infection and reported as a rapidly growing threat. It is a severe threat for any Windows computer and get into the targeted PC without user’s permission. This malicious computer virus can brutally ruin your system and make you feel so helpless. You will not be able to remove this infection from your system. After getting installed on your computer, CL.Downloader!gen147 virus firstly disable your anti-virus and firewall protection to avoid its removal. Later it will make changes into your temp and registry files. It also make inject its malicious codes files into your system program files. After that CL.Downloader!gen147 virus also spread its copies on several locations into your computer. As a result your computer will start freezing and often get unresponsive.
When infected with CL.Downloader!gen147 Common Symptoms May Include:
- Pages may be unreachable while you are browsing the web
- Your computer’s CPU utilization will risen suddenly
- Your browser will starts redirecting you to different web pages
- Alerts stating that PowerShell has stopped working
- Your will become very sluggish and programs will take longer time to start-up
- Applications and Windows may freeze
- Your Internet will become slower
CL.Downloader!gen147 can infect the targeted computer system through various deceptive ways. It can get downloaded on your computer bundled with free third party programs and software. It can also get spread via drive by downloads, spam emails, malicious websites and infected USB media. Once getting installed successfully on victimized computer, it will automatically connect the remote server. Then it download other malicious threats and patches to your computer. CL.Downloader!gen147 will completely degrade the performance and speed of your computer. It can also steal your personal and sensitive details. It can steal your financial details, online banking account information, online transactions records, credit card number, IP address and many more. It will share all those records with hackers who can make illegal use of your details. It can also open backdoor on your machine to allow remote access of your PC to hackers. You are advised to remove CL.Downloader!gen147 instantly from your computer.
How To Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From PC
In order to remove CL.Downloader!gen147 and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to CL.Downloader!gen147. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill CL.Downloader!gen147 Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Control Panel
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find CL.Downloader!gen147 related program and click on Remove button.
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find CL.Downloader!gen147 related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any CL.Downloader!gen147 related malicious program.
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any CL.Downloader!gen147 related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by CL.Downloader!gen147 infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Infected Browser
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find CL.Downloader!gen147 related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select CL.Downloader!gen147 related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove CL.Downloader!gen147 From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent CL.Downloader!gen147 In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.