(877) 226-1237 Pop-up is a notorious computer infection that is marked as scam pop-up. It is a kind of online scam in which hackers target innocent users and trick their money. You will find sudden (877) 226-1237 Pop-up ads on your computer screen while browsing Internet. It will freeze your browser and start throwing warning alerts on your screen. It will ask that your computer is infected by harmful threats and malware. It will not allow you to close that pop-up message. It pretends to be a genuine tech support page and promises to help you. (877) 226-1237 Pop-up will ask you to call on its tech support number to get immediate help for removing those so called viruses. Actually it is all a big scam and the primary motive behind that warning message is to cheat your money.
(877) 226-1237 Pop-up virus mostly intrude your computer bundled with free third party installers, free programs, spam emails, porn sites, torrent files, suspicious links, social media and other tricks. Once installed on your computer, it will get added to your main web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera and others. (877) 226-1237 Pop-up will make several unwanted changes into system and browser settings. It will keep showing fake warning alerts and pop-up messages on your computer screen. It will claim to help you but it really wants to make illegal money.
When you will call on that number provided by (877) 226-1237 Pop-up virus, then hackers will ask you to provide remote access of your PC. Then after they will make fake scanning of your PC and demand lots of money to solve your problems. If you don’t pay them, they can inject more threats and malware on your system. If you will ignore those (877) 226-1237 Pop-up warning messages, it can steal your personal and sensitive details. It can bring more viruses on your PC and share your secret details with hackers. It can also create backdoor on your system for remote access. You are advised to remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up virus soon from your computer.
How To Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From PC
In order to remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to (877) 226-1237 Pop-up. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill (877) 226-1237 Pop-up Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Control Panel
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find (877) 226-1237 Pop-up related program and click on Remove button.
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find (877) 226-1237 Pop-up related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any (877) 226-1237 Pop-up related malicious program.
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any (877) 226-1237 Pop-up related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by (877) 226-1237 Pop-up infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\(877) 226-1237 Pop-up
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\(877) 226-1237 Pop-up
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\(877) 226-1237 Pop-up
Part 5 – Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Infected Browser
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find (877) 226-1237 Pop-up related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select (877) 226-1237 Pop-up related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove (877) 226-1237 Pop-up From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent (877) 226-1237 Pop-up In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.