search.searchrs1.com is a suspicious search engine which allegedly hijacks your web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, and so on. It continuously performs different malicious activities in the infected computer system. Developed by notorious cyber offenders, this troublesome malware application is capable enough to control your every bit of online activities. The sole motive of this highly infectious spyware threat is to promote sponsored sites in order to make some money for its affiliate authors. It present itself as a legitimate and genuine search engine in your working web browser but there is nothing genuine about this. search.searchrs1.com browser hijacker generates it own search result and also known to redirect the users on various questionable web sites.
search.searchrs1.com browser hijacker uses different deceptive installation in order to infiltrates into the targeted Windows computer such as email spoofing, software bundling, social engineering, network sharing, etc. Apart from this visiting unreliable sites, clicking unknown links, and many more. However, once it manage to be installed in your system program the it can contribute serious destruction in the victimized computer system. search.searchrs1.com changes all the crucial setting in your browser such as alter DNS settings, change default search engine, modify homepage, add malicious extension and supportive add-ons and so on. Moreover, it create backdoor in your system which allows other malicious application in your Windows computer. Hence, it is recommended to remover search.searchrs1.com browser hijacker as soon as possible from your computer system before it makes your PC completely useless.
How search.searchrs1.com Virus infiltrate Your PC
search.searchrs1.com is a very cunning and silent malware. It has lots of trick to introduce targeted machine. It will sneak into your computer without your permission or help. It mostly gets distributed through bundled free third party programs, spam email attachments, suspicious webpages, malicious links, porn websites, fake software updates and other tricks. Once getting inside your computer, this notorious threat can easily make harmful changes to your system settings. search.searchrs1.com virus is mainly being created by hackers, so it can bring several problems for you. It can bring malicious threats and viruses on your computer without your knowledge.
Harmful Effects of search.searchrs1.com Virus
search.searchrs1.com is not just a browser infection. It is a nasty malware which is aimed to make illegal profit by poisoning search engine results. It will forcibly show lots of sponsored results on your computer and bombard your screen with lots of unwanted ads. It will redirect your browser on unsafe websites. It can disable your anti-virus program to make your system an easy victim for other threats. It can also collect your sensitive information by tracking your browsing history. It can steal your banking details and send to hackers. So it is highly recommended to delete search.searchrs1.com virus soon from your computer.
How To Remove search.searchrs1.com From PC
In order to remove search.searchrs1.com and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to search.searchrs1.com. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill search.searchrs1.com Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove search.searchrs1.com From Control Panel
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find search.searchrs1.com related program and click on Remove button.
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find search.searchrs1.com related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any search.searchrs1.com related malicious program.
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any search.searchrs1.com related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove search.searchrs1.com From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by search.searchrs1.com infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove search.searchrs1.com From Infected Browser
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove search.searchrs1.com related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find search.searchrs1.com related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select search.searchrs1.com related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove search.searchrs1.com From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent search.searchrs1.com In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.