I have got a new virus on computer. I keep getting Idle Buddy pop-ups on my PC regularly. I don’t know what it is. When I go online, several unwanted pop-up ads from Idle Buddy started appearing on my computer screen. I have scanned my PC but not able to find any threat on my computer. Can anyone suggest me how to remove this nasty virus from my computer?
What is Idle Buddy ?
Actually Idle Buddy is just an adware infection. It is also considered as a rogue application which has been created to spread spam and make illegal profit. The main function of this threat is to show fake alerts and pop-up notifications on the infected PC. This nasty threat mainly wanted to scare computer users and make them purchase useless software and applications to make profit. As talking more about the abilities of this dubious adware virus, it can easily intrude any Windows computer system. This fake program is also capable of infecting any web browser to its bogus alerts and pop-ups.
How Idle Buddy Intrude Your PC
Idle Buddy virus can uses several methods to get into your computer. This precarious virus mostly into the users computer through third party programs, freeware applications. It can also get inside your computer when you browse to any malicious or click on any suspicious or misleading link. This harmful threat normally get installed on the compromised PC without permission of the user. It can do several malicious and unwanted changes to your computer settings and downgrade your system performance.
How Dangerous Is Idle Buddy
- It can infect your system without permission.
- It can alter your web browser setting.
- Can show lots of unwanted pop-up alerts.
- Redirect your browser on malicious websites.
- Downgrade your PC speed and performance.
- Slow down your Internet connection.
- Can bring harmful threats on your PC.
- Record your personal information and details.
- Share your private info with remote hackers.
How To Remove Idle Buddy From PC
In order to remove Idle Buddy and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Idle Buddy. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill Idle Buddy Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove Idle Buddy From Control Panel
Remove Idle Buddy From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find Idle Buddy related program and click on Remove button.
Remove Idle Buddy From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find Idle Buddy related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove Idle Buddy From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove Idle Buddy From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any Idle Buddy related malicious program.
Remove Idle Buddy From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any Idle Buddy related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove Idle Buddy From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by Idle Buddy infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove Idle Buddy From Infected Browser
Remove Idle Buddy From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove Idle Buddy related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove Idle Buddy From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find Idle Buddy related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove Idle Buddy From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select Idle Buddy related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove Idle Buddy From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove Idle Buddy From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent Idle Buddy In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.