Detailed Adware.SearchProtect.O Removal Report
Adware.SearchProtect.O is a notorious computer infection detected as adware. This nasty threat is a major risk for all Windows based computers. It can easily invade your system security and get installed on your machine without permission. Adware.SearchProtect.O virus is created by hackers to show lots of unwanted annoying pop-up ads on the infected computer. It has only motive to redirect the web traffic on its partner websites to generate revenue. Adware.SearchProtect.O can show advertisements on all famous and most used web browsers. It will load your browser with lots of misleading stuff like pop-ups, banners, deals, offers, advertisements and many more. Several unwanted ads will keep floating on your computer screen that might relate to your are of Internet but redirect you on some malicious website. Adware.SearchProtect.O virus is a serious threat that can cause severe damage. It is better to remove this infection soon from your system.
How Adware.SearchProtect.O Enter Your PC
Adware.SearchProtect.O is a silent sneaker that can invade your PC without your help. It will alter your computer security by taking the advantage network loopholes and system vulnerabilities. It mostly get spread through bundled free third party programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware and other tricks. It can also alter your system when you open malicious links, visit porn or torrent websites, download fake software updates, and click on misleading advertisements. Once inside your machine, this notorious computer infection, this perilous threat will downgrade your computer speed and security. Most of your computer programs will start freezing and often fails to respond.
Why Adware.SearchProtect.O Is Harmful
Most of the users might take this nasty adware lightly. Adware.SearchProtect.O is a serious threat for all Windows computers and can do major damage. It is capable of blocking your anti-virus and firewall program. It can record your online activities and spy on your personal information. It can infect mainly used browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari and others. Adware.SearchProtect.O virus can also track your browsing history and steal your banking information. It may also create loopholes on your system for other threats and viruses. So it is very important to remove Adware.SearchProtect.O from your computer.
Other Payloads of Adware.SearchProtect.O Infection
- It can slow down your computer.
- Show lots of unwanted ads on your PC.
- Hijack your browser and redirect to unknown websites.
- Block your anti-virus and firewall security programs.
- Steal your confidential information and send to hackers.
How To Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From PC
In order to remove Adware.SearchProtect.O and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Adware.SearchProtect.O. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill Adware.SearchProtect.O Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Control Panel
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find Adware.SearchProtect.O related program and click on Remove button.
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find Adware.SearchProtect.O related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any Adware.SearchProtect.O related malicious program.
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any Adware.SearchProtect.O related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by Adware.SearchProtect.O infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Infected Browser
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find Adware.SearchProtect.O related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select Adware.SearchProtect.O related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove Adware.SearchProtect.O From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent Adware.SearchProtect.O In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.