Win32.Brontok.NB – Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal
Last night, when I scanned my PC then Win32.Brontok.NB Trojan virus is detected. I don’t know where it comes from and how to eliminate this nasty Trojan virus from my computer? If anyone know about this nasty infection then tell me at least how to get rid of this Trojan virus.
Solutions for Removing Win32.Brontok.NB Completely
Win32.Brontok.NB is a very harmful Trojan virus which can be used for many fraudulent activities. It affects almost all versions of window operating system such as Windows7, WindowXP, Window 8 and newly developed Window 10. The main purpose of Win32.Brontok.NB virus is to steal user’s confidential information like login credential, password, bank account details and many more. It allows another highly dangerous threat like adware, malware, key-loggers etc. to get inside in your PC. Due to key-loggers, it is also able to track your typing and browsing experience. Win32.Brontok.NB is propagated in your system using various deceptive methods such as downloading of freeware software, sharing of files from one infected computer to another, opening of spam mails. There are also large number of users who continuously visiting some suspicious sites may get chance to inject this Trojan virus in system. Besides that, Win32.Brontok.NB virus will also injected in your system through infected media and pirated software.
As soon as Win32.Brontok.NB virus infiltrates the system, it will delete some system files and registry files from your system. It endangers your internet environment by redirecting your homepage to another phishing domain which carries more threatening bugs. This nasty virus allows remote access to compromise your computer by changing your PC system settings, registry settings. Like another Trojan virus, Win32.Brontok.NB virus will also degrade your computer system. It may lead to a system crash. The most worst condition occurred by this virus is deactivate of the security application like firewall. It can cause more damage in your infected system if not remove from your PC. Therefore, remove Win32.Brontok.NB virus immediately from your system.
How Win32.Brontok.NB Virus Enters Your PC
- Bundled with freeware third party applications.
- It infect your system due to due to using infected media drives.
- Clicking unknown links or visiting malicious sites.
- It get inside your system while sharing file via p2p network.
- Oping spam emails attachments in your PC.
- It can also infect your PC due to presence of other malware in your system.
Risk Involved With Win32.Brontok.NB Virus
- Win32.Brontok.NB can steal your sensitive information.
- It will download other harmful threat in your system.
- Win32.Brontok.NB will make your PC very slow and unresponsive.
- It allows the hackers to process malicious activities on your PC.
- Win32.Brontok.NB will corrupt all your important applications.
- It may delete all your important files permanently.
How To Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From PC
In order to remove Win32.Brontok.NB and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Win32.Brontok.NB. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill Win32.Brontok.NB Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Control Panel
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find Win32.Brontok.NB related program and click on Remove button.
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find Win32.Brontok.NB related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any Win32.Brontok.NB related malicious program.
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any Win32.Brontok.NB related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by Win32.Brontok.NB infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Infected Browser
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove Win32.Brontok.NB related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find Win32.Brontok.NB related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select Win32.Brontok.NB related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove Win32.Brontok.NB From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent Win32.Brontok.NB In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.