1-866-436-5954 Pop-up Virus Removal
1-866-436-5954 Pop-up is a dangerous and notorious computer malware. It is classified as a nasty scam pop-up virus that show bogus virus alerts on infected computer. It is able to attack all Windows based computer very easily. It is also effective on MAC machine. Once inside the targeted computer, it will hijack the main browser. 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up virus will redirect the compromised browser on its page and ask that your computer is infected by nasty viruses. It will pretend like a genuine technical support page and offer free help. It will ask you to call on its tech support number where its agents are waiting to cheat your money. Hackers behind 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up virus will demand huge money to fix your computer problems. Actually you PC has no other virus except this fake scam pop-up infection. But it can inject various threats and malware soon into your machine.
1-866-436-5954 Pop-up is a fraudulent computer program created and distributed by hackers to cheat innocent users. This perilous threat can easily alter your machine bundled with free third party programs, spam emails, suspicious links, porn sites, torrent files, p2p file sharing and other tricks. Once installed, 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up virus will also infect your main web browser such as Google Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, IE, Opera and others to perform its malicious activities on your system. This nasty threat only wants to make illegal profit by fooling users. It can also disable your anti-virus and firewall security. When you will get those unwanted 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up warnings on your PC then you will scan your machine. Your anti-virus program will find no threats and you have no other option rather than calling on that fake tech support number. It is the main plan of this nasty threat. So you should not get tricked by this malware and try to remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up soon from your computer.
How To Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From PC
In order to remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up and all its associated files, you need to go through various removal steps. Keep in mind that it is a nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies at different locations on your system. It is also quite possible that files associated with infection may carry different names. So you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up. scroll down to find a step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Our advice is to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Part 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click Ok button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click Ok.
Part 2 – Kill 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click Ok button to open task manager.
- Find malicious process, right click on it and click End Process.
Part 3 – Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Control Panel
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Windows XP
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs option.
- Find 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up related program and click on Remove button.
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Windows Vista
- Click on Start button and select the Control Panel Option.
- Select Uninstall a program option from the Programs category.
- Find 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up related programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Windows 7
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and remove any malicious program from your system.
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Windows 8/8.1
- Click “Windows keys + R” together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click Ok button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up related malicious program.
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up related malicious program and click Uninstall button.
Part 4 – Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Registry Editor
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Making changes to registry files is very risky. If you delete any wrong file then you may corrupt your system instantly.
- Click Windows keys + R together to open Run Box.
- Type regedit and click Ok button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and Remove all registry files created by 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up infection.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Part 5 – Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Infected Browser
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on Menu option.
- Choose More tools and then select Extensions option.
- Find and Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up related extensions.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Settings” option from the bottom.
- Click on “Reset Settings” button finally and restart browser.
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser, click on Menu and select Add-ons option.
- Press Extension tab from add-ons Manager page.
- Find 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up related extension and click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on “Menu” and Select (?) icon.
- Now press the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm your selection.
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Internet Explorer
- Open IE, click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons option.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option from new window.
- Select 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up related extension and click on Disable button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open IE browser > click on “Gear” icon > select “Internet options”.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and hit the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser and hit “More” or three dots icon.
- Select the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open your Edge browser and go to “settings” option.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Remove 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up From Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select Preferences.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Select and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser > Click on “Safari” menu > select “Reset Safari” option.
- Select the preferred options you want to clear > finally click on Reset button.
Very Important – Tips To Prevent 1-866-436-5954 Pop-up In Future
To avoid any other harmful viruses in future, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- Always select Custom Installation while installing any new application.
- Uncheck any hidden options which attempt to secretly install.
- Check Windows Firewall security and turn it on.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program and keep it updated.
- Scan all downloaded files, applications or email attachments before opening.
- Never download cracked software, themes and similar products.
- Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites to stay safe online.
- Keep backup of all your important files and data.
- Create a system restore point for security purpose.